EMAS Business School is a leader in Russia and the CIS, one of the best in the world, an expert in the field of business modeling, business strategy and strategic management. Unlike most other business schools and universities in Russia and abroad, EMAS conducts ongoing scientific work in the field of strategic management, the result of which is a comprehensive methodology and tools for business modeling, business planning and strategic management. Scientific work began in 2005, and in 2006 a book was published describing the first version of the technique. In 2014, a book was published describing the second version of the technique. Finally, in 2023, a voluminous work was published – a book describing the third, current version of the methodology and tools.
The comprehensive methodology and tools of strategic management developed and constantly updated within the walls of EMAS are significantly superior to classical and most of the modern developments in their depth and practical applicability. Most of other business schools, universities and scientific organizations in the World do not carry out many years of in-depth, comprehensive scientific research in this area and do not have scientific developments comparable to those of EMAS.
To carry out scientific work, a scientific institute has been created within the structure of the EMAS Business School – the Eurasian Management and Administration School, whose task is to conduct scientific research, prepare scientific publications and certify teachers.
The comprehensive methodology for business modeling, business strategy and strategic management, created at EMAS, includes the following blocks of knowledge:
• Market modeling and forecasting, market clustering.
• Business modeling, search for superior (effective) business models.
• Search for market niches, strategic marketing.
• Health of the company's product portfolio.
• Monitoring and management of customer satisfaction.
• Creation of a Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
• Branding and brand management, monitoring and management of brand equity.
• Strategic goal setting, management by goals.
• Managing the corporate (organizational) culture of the company.
• Personal effectiveness – strategic leadership and strategic thinking.
• Staff motivation. Effective methods of managing people with a “shift” mindset (the modern generation of people).
• Principles of professional strategic planning.
• Budgeting and management accounting in the strategic management system.
• and other issues of strategic management.
In the frame of methodology there were developed the following tools:
• “Market Value and Complexity – 1”, abbr. – MVC-1);
• “Market Value and Complexity – 2”, abbr. – MVC-2);
• “Market Risks”, abbr. – MARIS);
• “EMAS Comparative business processes analysis and forecasting matrixes”;
• “EMAS Heptahedron of organizational culture”;
• “EMAS Product Portfolio Health”;
• “Strategic digital model of organization, decision making matrix”, abbr. – DMM;
• Z-equation – forecasting sales volumes and shares of the organization and competitors in the preliminary target cluster.
The following classical instruments have been improved:
• refinement of the “Customer Satisfaction Index”, hereinafter referred to as EMAS CSI;
• refinement of the “EMAS Brand Equity Index”.
The methodology and tools in the latest 3rd version are described in detail in the following book by A.A. Kolyada, rector and scientific director of EMAS Business School: Kolyada A. The next level: Strategic management of a new era. M.: Alpina PRO, 2023. 616 p. The book is sold in both printed and electronic versions (in Russian language).
BOOKS PUBLISHED AS A FRAMEWORK OF SCIENTIFIC WORK (scientific monographs, textbooks):
1. Kolyada A. The next level: Strategic management of a new era. M.: Alpina PRO, 2023. 616 p.
2. Kolyada A. Effective tools for strategic analysis. How to make the right decision on an enterprise development strategy. N. Novgorod: Publishing House of EMAS Business School, 2014. 174 p.
3. Kolyada A. Marketing that works: creating an effective marketing strategy in domestic conditions, Minsk: Grevtsova Publishing House, 2006. - 240 p.
SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES (SELECTED):
- Kolyada A.A., Plekhova Yu.O. Methodology for developing a business model of an organization and forecasting its economic efficiency. Text is here.
- Kolyada A.A., Plekhova Yu.O. Formation of a corporate culture that corresponds to the organization’s business model. Text is here.
DEVELOP METHODS OF BUSINESS MODELING, BUSINESS STRATEGY AND STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT WITH US!
Scientific research carried out by EMAS is within the scope of codes 5.2.3. and 5.2.6 of the Higher Attestation Commission under the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
We invite applicants, graduate students, PhD, candidates and doctors of science, MBA, Executive MBA and DBA students to cooperate! We always welcome active managers and scientists who are ready to work with us to develop the advanced economic science of strategic management – the methods and tools of business modeling, business strategy and strategic management!
Based on the methodology and tools we have created, you can write scientific articles, defend candidate and doctoral dissertations, and PhD and DBA theses. The methodology and tools are universal in nature and can be easily adapted to any industry and subject specificity, which is what your scientific work can be devoted to. The field of activity for clear and transparent joint scientific work is huge!