Within last week our students were taking part in a survey “The professional life of a manager” during this week. We’re glad to tell you about its results and show you the difference between an approach to the business of Russian students and students from other countries.
Do you think our students have the same attitude as dress code?
The survey has shown that 57% of foreign students believe that a dress code is an essential component of working in an office, whereas Russian students don't think it is necessary to wear formal clothes at work.
Most Russian students plan all the things they’re going to do during the next week, whereas 66% of foreign students plan all the things they’re going to do during the next month!
Surprisingly, 90% of foreigners prefer to work in a team (compared with 70% of Russian students). Foreign and Russian students spend approximately the same amount of time online: 70% of students go online when they need it, about 20% of students are constantly online. About 10% of students do not see the need to spend much time online at all.
67% of foreigners prefer to work hard and have a rest only for 6 hours. 47% of Russian students rest for 6 hours, 43% of Russian students rest for 8 hours, other Russian students rest for 10 hours or more.
There are 11% of foreigners who prefer to work outside - in a café or in the park. There were no such students among the Russians.
90% of Russian and foreign students do not feel embarrassed or shy when talking with a person whose position is higher.
Half of the Russian students are more productive in the morning, 6% of people are productive at night. 78% of foreigners are productive in the morning and the remaining 22 percent of students from other countries are productive in the evening.
90% of students are always ready to try something new and willing to make new deals.
Russian and foreign students equally differentiate between friendship and business and encourage the initiative of their employees.
Foreign students are 100% sure that advertising is currently the force for progress, while 10% of Russian students doubt that it can be regarded as a catalyst for progress.
A question about motivation to work is intriguing. What motivates our students to work harder? Answering this question, 52% of Russians place great emphasis on job satisfaction. 24% of Russian students focus on their personal development. When it comes to the other 24% of Russian students, they are motivated by their salary. 67% of foreign students give priority to personal development. Then goes 10% - salary, and 23% takes job satisfaction.
It’s thrilling, isn’t it?
100% of foreign students and 97% of Russian students prefer not to change the companies they work in.
78% of foreign students prefer to do business in person, 11% over the phone and 11% by e-mail. 47% of Russian students do business in person, 20% over phone and 33% by e-mail.
67% of foreign students and 77% of Russian students believe that it is important to monitor the actions of competitors. 20% of students enjoy the competitive spirit and about 10-15% of students do not keep track of the steps of their competitors.
At the same time, the opinions on the question “Is the approval of your employees when making decisions important for you?” 67% of foreign students (54% of Russians) pay attention to the opinions of their employees. 33% of foreign students (46% of Russians) do not consider it to be important to obtain the approval of employees while making decisions.
Russian and foreign students tend to conduct meet-ups once a week. 6% of Russian students conduct them 2 times a week, while 22% of foreign students hold such meetings more than 2 times a week.
In an equal ratio (90%), students want to promote their company on the international market, 20% of students do not consider it necessary.
There are no foreign students that do not pay any attention to the troubles in the company. Though there are 14 % of Russian students that do. Nevertheless, 74 % of Russian students (89 % foreign) try to work harder in case of troubles. 16 % of Russian students (11 % foreigners) are bothered with troubles at work.
For 80% of students (both foreign and Russian), it is challenging to get easily angry. This is the sign of a good manager.
How did you like our short interesting study? What new did you learn about your fellow students?